Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Final Test

One more week! and one final left before I head home to another Lake George summer. Now that I have been to several different countries and global cities I think I can officially say I still think LG is the most beautiful place in the world.

You would think my final weeks in Ireland would be spent going out and having fun, however I've been sort of sick lately. I went to the doctor this week with symptoms of Mono and earned myself two weeks of antibiotics and bed rest. Super.

So besides sleeping and studying I've only gotten out to do a few things.

Last Friday I attended a presentation for Education in Ireland and received a certificate for writing blogs and being a part of their student ambassador program. It was very lovely, they presented the awards then had us take a tour of Leinster House (Ireland's main government building). We finished the day with a traditional Irish meal at restaurant in city center that I can't remember the name of, but it was very good. It was also nice to meet the other ambassadors.

EII director, Noel (UCD Ambassador), Sarah Holt (UCD international advisor), Myself

This week I also had sort of a final get together with my hockey girls. We went to Eddie Rocket's for burgers and milkshakes. As usual we had a great time and some good laughs. I say sort of final get together because I think I'm going to hang out with some of them again before I leave. That and we are never really going to say goodbye, just see you later.

Leaving is going to be totally bittersweet. I am very excited to go home especially after having been sick this past week but I'm going to miss my new friends, Dublin, the whole atmosphere really.
Studying abroad may sound like it's all fun and games sometimes but it really is a challenging experience. Balancing a new culture, school work and the whole taking care of  yourself in a different country takes its toll on you.
However, I'm not stressing about any of it because if there is one thing I've learned in Ireland is that "It'll be grand". At the end of the day I feel a lot stronger, mature and well rounded than I ever have.

SEE EVERYONE SOON! Unless you are one of my Irish friends then we shall meet again.
Slainte!

1 comment:

  1. Miss you girlie! Feel better and I cannot wait to see you!!! =)

    ReplyDelete