After being home a week I have come to find that a lot of people read my blog and followed my travels. So Thank You! I'm glad I could take you with me on this very exciting journey.
Originally, I started this blog as a way to journal and "scrap book" everything but it turned into a lot more than that. As I've mentioned before some of my posts were submitted to Education in Ireland as a way to encourage more students to study there. AND, I don't know if I mentioned this but I submitted my blog to UCD's international student blog contest and I won! Cool beans.
My Irish friends have also taken to reading to my blog and they have requested that I keep writing for them to stay in touch. After this post I'll re-vamp my blog from study abroad to a real blog. I'm not making any promises to keep up with it, but I might actually have some interesting stuff to post about between turning 21, voting for the first time, graduating college. So stay tuned if you want.
Honestly, I can't believe people read what I write and actually like it. Next J.K. Rowling right here.
Again, thank you reading, commenting and emailing me.
My last week in Ireland was lots of fun. I spent a lot of time with friends going to the "Avengers" and having Irish chinese food at my friend Kate's house. I also had a final lunch with my hockey girls and they gave me a really nice goodbye card and a shirt that says UCD ladies hockey. We had some great craic.
![]() |
| My friend Fiona and I in Eddie Rocket's with our 3d glasses from the Avengers Movie. |
Okay so back to 'Mericuh. Plane ride home was emotional. I was stuck between being super excited to go home and absolutely devastated about leaving which turned into sobbing at every semi-sad moment in a whatever movie I was watching on the plane. Except for Harry Potter 7 part 2, I hysterically cried through the entire thing for no reason...the stewardess gave me a chocolate bar though. Poor insane girl on a 7 hour flight to of all places Newark, New Jersey....yuck. If you didn't know already I really hate New Jersey.
Moving on, Lago Jorge (Lake George in Spanish. That's how cultured I've become) is beautiful as always. I took a hike with my Mom and Smeagol a few days after I got back, to take it all in. Smeagol was so excited to see me, his eyes were just wild. He also has not stopped cuddling, last night got a little annoying with his paws in my back and dog breath all over my neck. 120 pounds of pure love that dog is.
![]() |
| Lake George View from Pilot Ridge |
![]() |
| Smeagol, the ultimate cuddle companion |
- Things different about being home. I miss the Dublin Bus. My Subaru needs an oil change, gas is expensive and sometime within the next week I'm going to have to go the DMV to get my license renewed. I will pay 17 euro for a 5 day bus pass any day.
- Stressssssss. The whole it'll be grand, show up 10 minutes late, just slagging with ya' attitude is pretty much non-existent in the US. Every body has there panties in a bunch.
- MEXICAN FOOD! Can I get salsa with a side of salsa? Just went to El Mexicano tonight. I don't know if I could live in Ireland without that spicy goodness.
- Passport and Euros are still in my wallet. I refuse to take them out. Period.
Other than that not much is new, I'm pretty much over jet lag. Starting to babysit and working at Cate's on Saturday night.
In one month, I turn the big two one. I can't wait to buy Franzia by myself. Don't judge me and my boxed wine, bottles are overrated.
That's probably it for now. All in all I have successfully re-acclimated to America.
Hope to see you soon if I haven't already :)



No comments:
Post a Comment